Adventures in feeding, parenting and generally managing a household of five boys

Adventures in feeding, parenting and generally managing a household of five boys

Friday, February 1, 2013

January Goodies Co.

If there was ever a subscription box for you to dip your toe in the water with, it would be this one!

Goodies Co. is a new subscription snack box that is still in beta testing.  I was so excited when I was able to "get in".  It is a division of Walmart Stores Inc., so I have a strong suspicion that it will be sticking around!  For $7 a month (shipping included) you get 5 - 8 new food items sent to your door.

Can't wait to see what's inside!

The packaging was super cute!  Even cuter when I opened the box!

Love the inside of the box!

Love the card!

Just beautiful!  The theme for this month's box was "New Year New You" and it was designed to help you fulfill those healthy lifestyle resolutions.


Packed box!

Now if they meant healthy treats . . . they certainly had you covered!  Inside:

Skeeter Snacks Cookie - Chocolate Chunk - This is a nut free, crisp but chewy chocolate chip cookie.  I can't wait to try!

Nature's Bakery Whole Wheat Fig Bar - a whole wheat alternative to a Fig Newton.  I'll be interested to see if they can pull it off.




Cookies!

Go Nola - Maple Pecan Madness - I love granola and I love maple, so I can't wait to try this product also!


Stretch Island Fruit Chews - I love that these are made with fruit only and no added sugar.  The boys would love these.  How cute it it that there is a maze game on the front?!

Snacks!

Flamous Brands Falafel Chips - Spicy -  These sounded very interesting, appealed the most to Mark and were opened promptly.  Boy are they SPICY!  They have great texture and flavor, but have quite the zing to them.  These chips are organic and are very high in protein and fiber.  I would love to try their original flavor once my mouth recovers.

Chips!

Cascal - A natural fermented drink in "fresh tropical".  This would be a good alternative to fruit juice, especially if you want something carbonated.  I liked the flavor and it only had 80 calories per can.

Wild Garden Traditional Hummus and Pita Chips - A great on-the-go pack of multigrain pita chips and seasoned hummus.  We love hummus and pita chips in this family.  This is perfect to pack in lunches or to take to work!  Sure beats that French onion dip!!

Snacks and a drink!

The box also came with a great card describing the products and their cost.  You can then go online to purchase these items.  I need to see if Walmart Stores plan to carry these products in their actual stores.  I have seen some of these products (Stretch Island) elsewhere.

Descriptive card

Goodies Co. also allows you to review their products.  In return you earn points which can go towards earning free boxes.  I couldn't find how many points you need to get that free box though!  You also earn points by ordering boxes and products.

All-in-all I am very happy with Goodies Co.  I hope that they stick around and make it through their beta phase!  I love finding new food products and you certainly can't beat this price point!

Interested?  Check out their website:  www.goodies.co and request an invite!

Do you have any food subscription boxes that you love?  Any that you recommend that I try?

Disclosure:  I paid for my Goodies Co. subscription myself.  I received no compensation for this post.  All opinions are my own.











No comments:

Post a Comment